I looked at my last post and can’t believe it’s been so long between updates. The family faced a pretty big challenge this week and there were other activities prior to that. However, I’ll try to catch up.
I’ve been busy tying, I just haven’t been good at posting. There are two projects I’m working on right now. The first is a project to help provide the Hooked On Tahosa program in the Denver Area Council of the Boy Scouts with a variety of flies to use to teach kids how to fish and help them work towards their fishing merit badge. The second is my first ever fly swap and is part of the fly tying forum.
For the Scouts I’ve tied up a variety of flies instead of one or two patterns. Most are elk hair caddis but I think I threw in some parachute adams and a few others. Oh yeah, I think I added a couple of squirrely flies. I’ve finished my first fly batch for the swap and it’s a Lowcountry shrimp pattern. I’m not sure what the second pattern will be. Maybe a crab pattern. The swap is for flats flies so a crab would be perfect. The swap has also given me the chance to use my DIY eyes.
I still need to post some pics from the book I’m working on though I haven’t made much progress. I think I stalled after chapter 3. Hopefully things will be a little more back to normal next week and I’ll get going again. I just picked up some new materials from the shop (unfortunately the Hareline order still hadn’t come in) and I’m chomping at the bit to get busy again.
That’s about it for now. I’ll try to do better on the updates. Heck. I might even try to go fishing some time!